About the IFP
THE INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF PICKLEBALL (IFP)
The International Federation of Pickleball (IFP), the world governing body of pickleball, was established to perpetuate the development and growth of the sport throughout the world. The IFP’s goal is to introduce pickleball to all nations so that they may embrace the sport as one of their national sports, and ultimately to achieve official recognition by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in order to establish pickleball as an Olympic sport.
The IFP is a non-profit, volunteer organization committed to promoting international play and competition, maintaining the official rules for pickleball, and providing a worldwide code of conduct for pickleball athletes. The IFP focuses its resources on supporting organizations that foster the sport around the world for all ages and ability levels.
The IFP offers all national and regional pickleball associations and federations who desire to join in membership for the advancement of pickleball an opportunity to participate and contribute to that growth. These purposes are fulfilled through the aims and objectives of the IFP.
IFP AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- Promoting, developing and popularizing the sport of pickleball throughout the world.
- Governing and administering the sport of pickleball in all countries and continents in a nondiscriminatory way.
- Maintaining and publishing the decisive text on the Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, introducing such changes as are desirable, doing all that is necessary to uphold them and to achieve uniform interpretation.
- Promoting the highest degree of sportsmanship and integrity among the players.
- Organizing, conducting and presenting international tournaments and events at the highest level.
- Supporting the development of players, coaches, officials and event organizers.
- Encouraging and developing the sport with differently-abled people.
- Encouraging the formation of new Members and fostering collaboration for the good of the sport worldwide.
- Creating mutually beneficial partnerships to develop and promote the sport.
- Employing the funds of the Federation to achieve development and growth of the sport consistent with these purposes and objectives.
- Maintaining the highest standards of transparency and accountability in managing the financial resources of the IFP.